[Meal Conversation | Serious] Male Doctor: Females should not become doctors
| #1 | |
|
Supremacy Member Join Date: Jul 2012 Posts: 7,590 |
[Meal Conversation | Serious] Male Doctor: Females should not become doctors I was thinking whether to post this in nacht's AMA thread, but I decided this should have its own topic
This is a real conversation that took place just recently. I was at a lunch gathering, and 1 of the attendees is a doctor. Another attendee mentioned that she has 1 nephew and 1 niece both getting ready to go to university ... the nephew intends to take up dentistry and the niece has been accepted to medical school - I do not know if either 1 or both will be studying here or overseas though but that's not relevant to the topic. Anyways, the doctor said to the aunt of these 2 kids ... girl don't study medicine, if want then take up dentistry, but don't take up medicine. He goes on to say, that girls who take up medicine ... the nature of the job and especially if become surgeon got shift got on-call, somehow desensitizes them and their character will change, and that his female friends and schoolmates after they become doctors they become somewhat attitude, cold and calculating, compared to when they were still medical students. The aunt of the 2 kids then says, no leh I got regular doctors who are female and they are very friendly very warm also mah ... to which the doctor replies, that is doctor-patient relationship ... ultimately doctors still know who are the people paying them, so of course they maintain this front with their patients, but with their friends etc they are completely different. What do y'all think? Agree or disagree? nacht care to comment? |
0 commentaires:
Enregistrer un commentaire