Insurance or Investment for Legacy Planning?

dimanche 12 février 2017

Let's block ads! (Why?)



Insurance or Investment for Legacy Planning?
Old Today, 11:35 AM   #1

Member

 
edmund77's Avatar
 

Join Date: Dec 2012

Posts: 347

Insurance or Investment for Legacy Planning?


Hi, I need advise from the experts here.

Currently I have 2 PruTerm Vantage policies & an Aviva SAF GTL to cover my mortgage loans. I'm thinking of getting another $1m term insurance for legacy planning (cash inheritance for my children or grandchildren).

The quotation that I've received from the bros here for my age now till anb 99 is about $5-6k annually.

The topic for discussion is whether I should just invest the $5-6k amount annually, or to get the $1m term insurance.

Assuming a return of 10% (S&P 500) compounded annually, investing $5.5k for 30 years will generate about $1m.

Based on the life expectancy for male Singaporeans and my income flow, I can expect to invest for 35 years and if that is the case, I should be able to get more than $1.6m. Does it mean I should invest instead?

__________________
La la la la

edmund77 is online now   Reply With Quote

0 commentaires:

Enregistrer un commentaire

Copyright © 2010 IT blogging | Free Blogger Templates by Splashy Templates | Layout by Atomic Website Templates